-->

Theme Layout

Boxed or Wide or Framed

framed

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

Featured Slider Styles

Display Trending Posts

Instagram-Widget

Dark or Light Style

Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Uncategorized

If I had a British Accent, I’d Never Shut Up [United Kingdom & Amy & George’s Wedding]


One of the biggest reasons we came home from HK when we did was because my best friend, Amy was getting married in the UK. The week before the wedding I flew out to London to help with the last minute wedding prep and to hang out with my best gal before she becomes a Mrs. 

Mike was catching up with me a week later for the actual wedding, so saying goodbye for 6 days for the first time in years was not my favorite. 
It was so weird flying alone for the first time in a long time as well. I flew from Buffalo to NYC and had a little 3 hour layover til I flew NYC to London. I hung out at the airport lounges and had a little foot massage to keep me calm and awake.
Total flight was about 7.5 hours from NYC to London, and the jet lag immediately knocked me out. I was so tired from only sleeping about 3 hours on the flight but I was immediately reenergised seeing Amy!
It was super weird seeing Amy drive a car, but we drove back to her house to chill and take a small nap before popping off to Tesco for some grocery shopping. I nearly fell asleep in the cart, haha.
The rest of the day was spent hanging out in the hot tub with our other friend Vicki and having some chill bridesmaid time. 
We had been to London once before in 2018 when Amy lived in the city, but now that she has a house she is out in the country a bit more. I love spending time going on our country road walks and seeing all the sheep and foxes.
The next day we went into the city and took the tube to go visit the sites.
I '
We stopped at Borough Market for lunch-
We stopped at both Tower Bridge and London Bridge as well-
We had done most of London when I was here before, but it was nice to visit some additional iconic sites again. It was also superrrr hot when we were here before, and the weather was absolutely perfect this time, making exploration a lot more enjoyable. 
Oxford Street and Piccadilly Circus
Trafalgar Square 
The London Eye!
Every British friend I have knows I love a meal deal, but we didn’t have time for a full Boot’s Meal Deal while we were in the city. I did have time for a little Victoria Sponge Cake snacky though.
We had to have a cheeky Nando’s fix and it was even better than I remembered. 
Delicious halloumi cheese, pita and hummus, and a peri peri chicken pita with creamy mash. 
One of the main reasons we were in the city was to see George, Amy’s fiancé play keys for Jersey Boys on the West End! George is currently Musical Directing Pretty Woman on West End, but will be switching to Jersey Boys after the wedding. 

I was super excited to see my first West End show, and it was absolutely incredible. Mike and I are also big Frankie Valli fans, so I was fangirling hard. 
We also went out for a drink with George’s new co workers after at a London bar nearby. It was a long day in the city, but for our only day in the city, it was worth it. 
The next day Amy and I had a small bachelorette/hen do party we called her Chickadee since I missed her actual hen weekend. We had a high afternoon tea at Giggle and Graze, and I cannot emphasis enough to you how incredible these treats were. 
There were smoked salmon sandwiches, cucumber and cream cheese wraps, ham and mustard sandwiches, and cheese and pickle sandwiches, and sausage rolls. 
The sweets were never ending and complete with a whole container of fresh fruit. There were vanilla cupcakes, chocolate brownies, macaroons, and my favourite, white chocolate cookies. 
There was of course fresh scones with giant pots of jam and clotted cream, where I shamefully put my jam on first.
The shop had the most delicious looking treats and they change on the daily.
After our giant brunch, we had a walk around the adorable countryside, enjoying the house boats, the farmers market, and fantastic weather. 
Keeping the chickadee vibes going, we met up with Vicki again for some Bridesmaid activities like lazy spa time with proper British snacks and watching wedding rom-coms while doing some wedding prep for the rest of the evening. 
The next day Amy and I drove to her mums in Epworth out in the real country to have some down time before the wedding craze. 
The country is full of wildlife, we saw so many animals on all our country walks including-
Chickens-
The doggies-
The sheep!

The highland cows!

Donkeys-
Horses-

Alpacas!-
 
They even sell beautifully hand-knit alpaca fur winter wear!

The wildlife aren’t the only famous ones here in this town. John Wesley (the founder of the Methodist Church) was raised out here, and is somewhat of a famous celebrity. We had a little tour of his fathers church and grave and home he was raised in. 
It was very educational. The best part of being at Amy’s mums was the food! She made us a proper English Sunday Roast, complete with Yorkshire puddings with Yorkshire relish.
We also had a traditional cottage pie!
One of the main reasons we came to Amy’s moms was to do our relaxing spa treatment day with her mom and sister. We had some massages, facials, and nails done.
We also took a little break from all the pampering for another afternoon tea with some of Amy’s old co-workers and family friends from town. The chocolate cheesecake was my absolute favourite part. 
Wedding time came very quickly and we drove up to the venue on Wednesday for the Saturday wedding. Luckily we had our Boots Meal Deal before we left.
We were very, very crammed in the car, but I did have just a tiny enough window so I could see Stonehenge as we drove by it.
Hello Stonehenge!
We stayed at an Air BnB with lots of family and had lots of hang out time with everyone.
The little village of Tisbury was so cute and the all the little fairy cottages were my favourite. 
One of my favorite meals was our fish & chips from the local chippy. 
This trip was very educational for us. We learned that people in the UK eat their cake without forks, who knew!?
We spent several days on ladders, searching for garbage bags, shovelling stones, and preparing the venue for the perfect day. 
On Friday, George and Amy had a civil ceremony at the registry office, where they officially tied the knot! I was especially excited because not only was my best friend getting married, but I got to wear a fascinator hat. 
Mike took some photos of the occasion for them and we had fun playing in the field with them after for some photos. Good thing I looked like a human green screen. 
And we all celebrated with a big meal together after!
And then Mike and I ended up back in the field for our own photoshoot because the sunset was absolutely stunning. 
The morning of the wedding the girls had a lovely breakfast and some getting ready time before heading off to Bake Barn
Mike was staying with some of the boys at the George Inn in Mere and had a proper full English breakfast and enjoyed a walk through the historical village.
It was finally time to pack up and head to the venue for the official WEDDING TIME!!!
It was a beautiful ceremony and everyone really enjoyed partying after.
Even the alpacas came!
I really enjoyed getting to celebrate Amy and George. I am so, so happy we could be there for their big day.
We stayed in glamping tent that evening on the venue site, so the party could continue all night long. 
Our tent roomies, Vicki and Ollie brought us our British snack of the day though, the classic Cherry Bakewell. I thought they looked like the cake from Merida and Brave, but they tasted like a cherry pop tart. I really liked these!
The next day we stuck around to clean up the venue and spent the night in our glamping tents again with the family left behind. Everyone was absolutely exhausted, but we hung out by the bonfire, had a bbq, and recharged our social batteries with games like hide and seek and sardines. 
Monday we said goodbye to the venue, and drove back to Leighton Buzzard to Amy and George’s home.
The car was not AS packed as it was on the way down, so we got to see Stonehenge a little better this time.
We had one more day at George and Amy’s to enjoy some classic treats like a Tesco Meal Deal, crumpets, Battenberg, Viennese Whirls, Pink Panther Wafers, and a proper full English breakfast.
Vicki and Ollie also made us a dinner of toad in the hole!

We had such an amazing time in the UK, and I am so happy we were able to make it happen. We are off on the next leg of our journey, a cruise around Iceland and Norway before we head home. Subscribe so you don’t miss any updates!

You Might Also Like

No comments

Post a Comment

Follow @ThePrincesssDiaries