-->

Theme Layout

Boxed or Wide or Framed

framed

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

Featured Slider Styles

Display Trending Posts

Instagram-Widget

Dark or Light Style

Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Uncategorized

The magic thing about home is that it feels good to leave and it feels even better to come back


 We had been home from Hong Kong for just about two weeks before we were off again. It has been a period of adjustment, but also we have been traveling around so much that we have not actually adjusted to anything. The first two weeks of living at Mike's parents in upstate New York has been a lot of outside time, organizing all our things we own, catching up with family here, and eating American foods we missed. 

Once the jet lag passed, we drove 5 hours to see my sister Hilary's family in Michigan. You can tell I really am thrilled about being locked in a car on a road trip.

Since we were coming from New York, we drove through Canada to get to Michigan on the other side. 

It was really nice getting to see my nephew again, who I last saw as a little baby who could not even crawl yet, and now is an almost 4 year old! We had a great 2 days just playing and hanging out with them!

After our 2 days in Michigan, we drove to Cincinnati to see my Grandma and Mom. On our drive through to Ohio, we stopped in Temperance, Michigan, where I grew up to see some old familiar stops along the way.

We stopped by the old house I grew up in til I was about 19 years old:

We stopped by my Elementary, Jr. High, library, and High School:

We stopped by my old churches:

We stopped by my dad's old house:

And some other iconic stops like a Tony's Country Store donut:

and some Rosie's Italian Grill!
We finally finished our grand tour and continued the drive to Ohio-
It was really lovely getting to spend time hanging out with my Mom and Grandma, baking, watching Jeopardy, and going on walks for the week.
One of my favorite days was going to Findlay Market and exploring downtown Cincinnati-
We also convinced my mom to go into the natureeee with us-
After 5 days with family, it was time to do the 8 hour road trip back to NY. We got back just in time for Mike's brothers' baby shower. We were super excited to celebrate the coming of our nephew with Justin and Jen and have some family time.
We also had some time to finally go see "The Little Mermaid, Live Action". I am happy to support all my Grotto Guppies!
We didn’t have too much time til we were off to London, so be sure to SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss our next adventure!












You Might Also Like

No comments

Post a Comment

Follow @ThePrincesssDiaries