-->

Theme Layout

Boxed or Wide or Framed

framed

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

Featured Slider Styles

Display Trending Posts

Instagram-Widget

Dark or Light Style

Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Uncategorized

Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy {DCL Fantasy}


 While Mike and I were camping, I received a last minute text from my Disney boss asking me to sail for a job in 4 days, and after a few button clicks to rebook my flight home, it was confirmed. I was excited to find out I would be sailing on the Disney Fantasy, a ship I had not experienced yet. It was a very work busy cruise, so I did not to to experience the ship as much as a regular guest would have, but I still had a nice time.

We boarded the ship on Wed July 22, and got straight to it.


My stateroom was an interior stateroom on the 9th deck, but I had a magic porthole, which was like a tv screen that would change to what the current conditions outside were.


This ships layout is similar to the Wonder and Magic, but there are some unique spots to it. I liked the adult pool on the back side of the funnel vision with the swim up bar and the hot tub. There were also several little foot spas on board.

They also have the Aquaduck on this ship, which is a tube water attraction.
Food options on this ship include the usual Cabanas buffet, which is only open for breakfast and lunch.



We even had churro Mickey waffle day!
Room service is free on the Disney cruises, and with our weird work schedules, I often have to live on this option. I only had it a few times on this ship, but the grilled cheese was delicious. 
There was also a quick service option that had some tacos, pizza, and grill options.
But one thing that is always consistent is the free flowing ice cream! My favorite flavor combo on this trip was pineapple-mango!
Since I am a specialty coffee drinker now, I also tried some of the options on board, and was enjoying my daily latte.
The actual restaurants onboard included are the Enchanted Garden (never even got to go inside here), Royal Court, which is a cute little fairytale themed dining space, and Animator Palate. 

I picked up some french onion soup to go from Royal Court and admired their decor for a minute one night.
Our final evening, we actually got to eat dinner at Animator's Palate, where Crush came and spoke to the restaurant. 
The entertainment on this ship was just as good as it is on all the Disney ships. The main stage shows were Aladdin, Believe, and Frozen. I didn't make it to Aladdin, and I was most excited to see Believe! This was a much more nostalgic variety show with older movies like Pocahontas, Jungle Book, and Mary Poppins making an appearance. I also got to see Frozen, which was my third time seeing it on a Disney ship, and the cast was wonderful.
There were character meet and greets like usual, but sadly I didn't make it to any of them. There was a character dance party on our day at sea, and it was such a cute experience!

Our itinerary on this ship was spending a day at Castaway Island, a day at Lighthouse Pointe, then a day at sea. Castaway day we spent most of the day filming, but I did get to enjoy the island a bit even though I had just been there 12 days prior.
Our day on Lookout, I did not get off the ship, but it left a little time for me to enjoy some of the artwork on this ship.
 

Also on this sailing we had pirate night! The pirate night show was a little different than the other pirate night shows I have seen. This was more improv style games and less of a singing rock show, but there were still the iconic fireworks at sea!

There were several spaces on the Fantasy I didn't get to see or experience, but I did run in to take a quick photo of for your viewing pleasure. There is the D Lounge and the area for games and live events. 
The bar spaces were also ample-
I enjoyed my time onboard the Disney Fantasy, but I do hope I get to experience this ship again just to fully experience it. 
It was time to bid the Fantasy a bon voyage with a little goodnight from the ship and it's crew!
But after a quick 5 days that was officially a wrap!



You Might Also Like

No comments

Post a Comment

Follow @ThePrincesssDiaries