Uncategorized
and suddenly, the dreams started chasing me
Ok we are gonna start this blog post off with some of my most exciting news. I had the privilege of stepping into a first AD role for a Disney shoot, and I absolutely loved it. I had the best time directing talent on set, and getting up close and personal with the Disney characters I love, and had a wonderful team to support me along the way. I am really hoping I get to do it again soon.
Every Summer Mike's family comes down from upstate New York to Orlando to visit the parks and visit with us. This year we tried a few new things with them in town, like visiting some Orlando local spots and taking our niece and nephew to Universal for the first time.
We had a nice visit with his family, with lots of park time, good food, and so many unexpected rain showers.
I also worked a job where we got to eat at several character dining meals that I have never tried before! I think Tusker House was my favorite, with some different Indian and African inspired cuisine.
Crystal Palace was familiar territory for me, but it was nice to see old pals.
Not with characters, but the biscuits at Roundup Rodeo BBQ in Hollywood Studios were great! The food here was one of the favorites of the week.
I liked Hollywood and Vine because of the Halloween overlay, and the dessert was especially good.Somehow I ended up filming the Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween Party about 3 times in one week, and it was cute every time. I love getting to watch the parade, the castle show, and the special fireworks.
I also got to be on set for a shoot at Halloween Horror Nights, which isn't my cup of tea since it's more scary, but I got to be a big brave girl that night!
Amarah and I went to listen to my friends band, Count Me In, play at Rockpit Brewing, and it was a really fun evening!
We attempted to have a pub sub and pool day, but the rain had other plans.
Amarah also moved in to her new home, so we warmed it right up for her!
Logan's birthday was a totally different vibe, an open mic night at Dr. Drips.
We also celebrated my co worker Sam for her birthday with a cutie little brunch!
And we also celebrated Mike's birthday! We had a lot going on his actual birthday, so it was kind of broken up into several different pieces of celebration. The family came over one night to celebrate, and we also went to Epcot's San Angel Inn for a little fiesta!
We won a contest at work to get to see the Halloween fireworks and go to a dessert party at the Contemporary right around Mike's birthday also, so he felt like this was part of the celebration for him.
We also got her into Disney with some of her friends, and it was fun getting to hang out for these micro interactions, cause she's a busy girl!
Speaking of popular drinks, anyone else out there try the Starbucks Unicorn Frappuccino they brought back for one weekend only. It's actually pretty good, it tastes like a mango smoothie, but the powder on top is SO sour.But I deserved a little treaty after doing my civic duty.So one thing really occupying my time these days is I have joined the Disney softball team! As someone who never really played sports growing up, I am actually having the best time. Considering this was the last time I played anything near this sport...I am happy the VFX-Men have brought me on!

















































No comments
Post a Comment