-->

Theme Layout

Boxed or Wide or Framed

framed

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

Featured Slider Styles

Display Trending Posts

Instagram-Widget

Dark or Light Style

Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Uncategorized

dear future, i am ready


When we got back to Hong Kong from our trip to America, we had about a week til Christmas.

Christmas back in the States usually consists on the tradition of looking at all the Christmas lights on the houses. In HK, we see lots of Christmas mall displays instead. Please enjoy a series of Mike and I visiting these displays (inside and out) and our various photoshoots at these locations because how else would one celebrate this holiday here. 

When we had returned to HK, the new social distancing measures changed, but they have since changed even more! Now the absolutely only remaining thing is masks at all times. There is NO longer any mandatory RAT tests, PCR tests, restricted number of people in a group, social distanced rules (except at Disney we are still currently greeting at a distance), or anything anymore! This is absolutely crazy after living stuck in a country that took it very seriously for 3 years. Now the opposite is happening where we have to test to go back home to America because the numbers in China are currently so high. While this is frustrating, we won't have to deal with that for a while, so hopefully it'll change by then. We are just celebrating the little wins we are getting here by enjoying movies in big groups like the new Avatar movie!

HK Disneyland was ready for Christmas with their Christmas shows and tree lighting. On Christmas Eve night, Mike and I watched them light the tree, and enjoyed some holiday cheer.

We also tried the salted caramel ice cream and passion fruit cream puff.
Christmastime we also welcomed the Charmings to the kingdom. I had the best day with these dreamers. 

On Christmas Eve, we got together for candle light service, where we sang carols and told the Christmas story with our figurines, like my favorite family tradition. 

We had some meet up times with our friends for the Yule Ball Christmas party where we decorated cookies and played games.

Christmas day Mike and I didn't really do gifts. We had a few to open from home, and after we had brunch with our friends in the morning-
During the day, we went for our annual Christmas walk, where we saw a man walking his giant pet tortoise.  This was funny to us cause the last 2 years on Christmas we have seen a men walking their pet turtles through the park, and it just continued this weird, ironic tradition.
The rest of the day was spent preparing our feast, white elephant-ing, and hanging out with friends since I was off work.
A few days later we had family Christmas with my family on zoom, where we got to open our secret santa gifts to each other and play some holiday games.
The holiday season continued when we celebrated (our last) New Years in Hong Kong. We had the best time going out into the harbour on a boat to ring in the new year in style. 
With such a perfect view of the skyline, and the clearest weather, we could not have asked for a better night.
At midnight, a countdown appeared on one of the buildings, and we shouted out the numbers til midnight, where we celebrated with tiny (and weirdly silent?) fireworks.
It was the perfect way to ring in the New Year for the last time in HK. I am excited to see what 2023 has in store, but in the meantime, wrapping up some small adventures in 2022 included a small hike for Mike to the top of a mountain where he could wave to me at Disney.
We also did a mini hike to the Sai Wan Swimming Shed, which is also known as the Instagram pier. It's known for it's stunning views at sunset, but with it being winter, the sun had already gone past it's color phase.
Mike and I also visited the Sweet Gumwood Forest to see the iconic red leaves after their change. We don't really experience Autumn in HK, so these leaves change at a different time than they usually do at home. People flock to see the red leaves before they fall to the ground since it's such a short, quick little hike.
We are finally starting to do some food adventures again, and one of my favorite stops was for lunch at Waffling Beans for a chicken schnitzel waffle and orange hot chocolate.

2022 was a bit of a challenging year for me. I am gonna get real honest for a minute, so buckle up. I did not know 2022 was going to be one of the most difficult years for me mentally and physically. A year ago today we were burnt out and ready to go home. I was tired of doing the same thing every day, singing the same one song, in this small country I couldn't travel to or from. We were ready to go home and when I got the call Amy was coming out, and I would be switching roles to something different every day, I thought things would be better, and they were, until I got sick. When I got E.Coli, I lost 15+ pounds, and had a really hard time gaining it back. Mentally, I was having panic attacks, I couldn't eat, and was severely and clinically depressed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Mike could not leave my side, he prepared every meal and snack and basically force fed them to me. I was speaking to a counselor, and after months, I can finally say I finally feel like my old self again. It's been months, but I finally gained some weight back, I am no longer having panic attacks, I am eating normally, and Mike can finally leave me alone at times and I am ok. I know they say these things take time, but it has really been a long time coming. We have begun adventuring out again, including where I look forward to eating out. I am really hoping 2023 holds some special new memories for us, and definitely better ones too, but I am grateful for these moments of learning as well. I wish everyone a very happy holiday season, and a safe new year as well!

You Might Also Like

No comments

Post a Comment

Follow @ThePrincesssDiaries